This tender and succulent slow-cooked stew is sure to bring the crowd running when you lift the lid! Great served alone, over biscuits or noodles.
- 3 lbs. Stew Meat (Beef)
- 5 Carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 stalks Celery, sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 Vidalia Onions, large dices
- 1 can condensed French Onion Soup
- 2 jars whole Mushrooms, drained
- 2 lbs. Baby Red Potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- 1 cup Red Wine (Darkhorse Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 3 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Smoked Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Beef Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Celery Salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 cup Water
Combine stew meat, 1/4 cup flour, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, onion powder, black pepper, and celery salt. In batches, brown stew meat in pan with Smoked Butter. Place browned stew meat into crock pot and add 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter into same pan with onions, carrots, celery and potatoes. Saut? until onions are soft. Place all into crock pot with stew meat. Deglaze pan with red wine and add mushrooms to soak up a little wine. Add to crock pot along with can of French onion soup, beef bouillon, beef stock, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, 1/2 cup of water and stir & cook for 6 hours on low.?
Just prior to serving, thicken broth by making a slurry with 2 Tbsp. corn starch and 1 cup of water. Whisk together and add to crock pot and stir. Cook for 1/2 hour longer until sauce thickens. Serve alone or over biscuits, noodles, etc.