White Lightning BBQ Sauce
You'll forget all about the typical "red" when you try my special BBQ sauce. Perfect for pulled pork or shredded chicken sandwiches.
- 1 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 lb. Minerva Dairy Smoked Butter
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Beer (Carolina Blonde)
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. ground White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 oz. (shot) Moonshine (Catdaddy)
- 1 tsp. Louisiana-style Hot Sauce (optional)
In a saucepan, stir together Dijon Mustard, Brown Sugar, Vinegar, and beer. Season with dry ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Mix in Worcestershire Sauce, Minerva Dairy Smoked Butter, and
Moonshine (away from flame) and simmer for 15-20 more minutes. If more heat is desired, add hot sauce. Seal in a jar and keep in the refrigerator over night to let the flavors blend.
Serve with pulled pork, smoked chicken, or brisket. Moonshine can be omitted for a great East Carolina Style BBQ Sauce.